Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sorry It's Been A While

Shoes ,made well, are truly an art form


Oh my! How I have neglected my writing and anyone who enjoys reading about my trials and challenges in life. Yes, a lot has happened in the last almost 2 months, and at the same time, it doesn't seem much has changed.

First, I promised to reveal what my husband got me for Christmas. Let's just say he didn't disappoint and I still think he could lead a gift-giving seminar. I will start with some pictures of the shoes and boots he gave me. First you must know that I am an absolute, hands-down, bona fide shoe LOVER! I believe that shoes are art for a ladies feet, or at least they can be. There is nothing quite like nice, painted toenails and soft feet tucked into a beautiful pair of stylish heels. That being said, I have the ugliest feet ever to have been created for women by the good Lord. I have a chubby large toe, then 3 stubby AND chubby middle toes, only to be followed lastly by a short, fat, and almost toenail-less pinky. I would say that I have the ugliest feet on the face of the planet, but my husband won that title the first time I saw his feet. If you haven't seen the blast from the past movie Waterworld with Kevin Costner, get it to just look at his feet. That is what my husbands look like (only slightly exaggerated). Wide and flat. Well, back to me. Not only can shoes be art, but also camouflage, barriers for viewing from the outside world, masks... you get the point.




A couple of times a year, I like to go through my closet and get rid of the shoes I don't feel the love for anymore. If you are a size 9 or 9 1/2 you could be the lucky recipient. Some have rarely been worn. I can choose between about 9 pairs of dressy boots, 3 pairs of casual boots, and 20 pairs of shoes in winter. Summer shoes are another blog. If anyone reading this blog is unfamiliar with Waupaca, WI let me fill you in. It is cold, slushy, snowy, and probably unfit for heels that are higher than 1 inch and made of rubber. As for me, I enjoy height. Scratch that- I NEED height. There aren't many people who go out around town with high heels on here. A friend from the South once shared that she couldn't believe the amount of cotton that was worn in the form of sweats with tennis shoes.



You might wonder where I wear these artful shoes. I have a secret. In my leisure time, I will try them on and just look at them in the mirror, admiring their color, form, or the way they turn my foot and leg into something different. They are my friends. I keep asking my husband to take me somewhere I can wear these great shoes/boots, but I guess there is only so much time and so many places one can go when you have a family the size of ours, so if you see a crazy woman wearing 4 inch heels in Walmart in the dead of winter during a snow storm, you'll know it's me and I just couldn't wait any longer. Enjoy the pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment