Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last Look Before it All Begins

The Day is finally arriving. My children couldn't be more excited and I have found myself frantically running around doing things that I have forgotten or put off till the last minute. I actually have to head to the mall today. Yikes. This year, Christmas literally sprinted up to me and now I have regrets about not enjoying the season as much as I should have. Things I jipped out on: baking, cooking, making gifts, doing crafts, spending time with friends, having a party, attending a party, going to church. That's just about everything involved with Christmas, isn't it? Things I learned this season: 1)don't take a vacation in the beginning of December, it shortens the season 2) I need to plan and start early on the crafts, probably in January 3) Not baking or cooking has allowed me to maintain the same weight, which though my weight is not ideal, at least it hasn't changed for the worse.

Included in this blog are pictures of my house because decorating is probably the only thing I did the same and on time. I hope you enjoy this last look at Christmas in my house. My decorations get taken down the couple days following Christmas.








May the holiday be all sugarplums and candy canes for anyone reading this. May it be full of wonderful memories, not the kind where people go on talk shows to share with the world. May everyone be safe when traveling and eat without guilt. Merry Christmas!
P.S. My husband went shopping yesterday and came back with bags for me! I can't wait to see what he picked out-I'll let you know. I would love to hear what others' got, too. Anyone out there?




























No comments:

Post a Comment